20180121 BOD Notes
BOD: Tanju B., Joshua M., Jay D., Chris K
Members: Chuck C., Alex B, Mike R., Jay S.
Other: Amber from Red Mtn Park
- Financial update
- Membership update
- Relocation status and planning for 2018
- No update prepared due to gumroad activities
- No major new expenses have come up in the past month beyond expected moving fees
- Membership Update:
- Membership Graph through Dec 31st: public.tableau.com/views/TMS_Report/MemberVolDshbrd
- January Outlook:
- Currently have 34 members that have signed up at the new rates.
- 17 Makers at $60/mo, 7 Students at $30/mo, 1 Premium at $300/mo (total $1824)
- We have some existing members remaining at the old rates that need to resubscribe or drop. Let's give them Jan 31st deadline?
- 6 Makers $50/mo and 3 Students at $25/mo
- We had two members decide to drop in January
- Mike Yakubek mentioned possibility that his company sponsors employees to sit on non-profit Boards. (ie would give money if he was on the Board). We need to follow up with him
|Row Labels||Count of Buyer||Sum of Sale ($)|
|New $60 Maker Subscription||17||1020|
|New $30 Student Subscription||7||504|
|*Old $50 Maker Membership||9||350|
|*Old $25 Monthly Membership||6||150|
|* Old values include both people that have switched over in Jan and those that are still pending|
- We raffled off two 30 day memberships... let's have these expire on Feb 28. Steve has issued RFID fobs to them.
- In the future, we can create a gumroad product for "pay what you want" where buyer can put in $0 and we can put in the 30 day or (X-day) limit. I like this option because it gets their name and email into gumroad and easier to keep up with the gumroad reports? (ref: https://gumroad.helpjuice.com/11169-Creator-FAQ/pay-what-you-want-pricing)
- Members Setting up new space
- A lot of members cranked hard over past month. Thanks to Chuck, Ryan, Jon, Mike, Alex, Josh, and many others. Some have contributed quietly
- New member Jay Starling wants to help lead marketing efforts. Has experience. Tanju met with him and gave the ok
- Tanju granted Chuck admin rights to Facebook Page and granted Bret admin rights to YouTube Channel
- Status of energizing the new outlets? Alex has breakers and finalizing connecting up the outlets. Will be working on it this week. 220V comes next and that will come within the next two weeks, will call an electrician
- Woodworking Zone:
- Chuck wrote up a Work Shop rules and organization document. Posted it on the #members channel on Slack. To be reviewed and discussed during the next BOD
- Idea: Lumber/large project locker for additional rental, perhaps $10-$20/mo. Lockable dedicated storage. Idea suggested by Bret. Wants to build a large-ish coffee table. Will take up space, doesn't want his lumber to get inadvertently used by others, etc
- Hang Printer:
- BuildTak: We would be asking them to create a custom 48" x 48" build plate for us and donate it, in return for us using it in our videos and publications. Not sure they would go for it, but we can ask. They, of course, would then be able to use our videos to show off how their product is used even in extreme situations....
- BOD definitely ok with reaching out to BuildTak and then we can evaluate what their reply is.
- Alex also indicating that hangprinter will consume large volumes of filament and would be great to reach out to filament companies to inquire about partnership opportunities. (Maker Geeks, MakeShaper, et)
- Discussed about how many "Hang printers" exist in the world, there are only a few, of various generations
- Valentine's Day? Wednesday Feb 14th, may possibly host a meetup 1 wk before Valentine's for gift making
- Pi Day 3-14-18? Wednesday Mar 14th, will likely hold a meetup for Pi Day
- Red Top Mountain Maker's Festival - Saturday May 19th
- Amber is working with AmeriCorp working with GA State Park
- Last year event had 300+ attendees, but limited participants from the maker community
- Pre-register via a google-docs
- Requirements: 10x10 ft table, bigger available as needed. No set up, but vendors will be charged 15%
- Lots of ideas flowing, and general discussion. We will likely attend, currently we can be tenative yes. We will follow up by registering via the registration link