The space requires minimal maintenance but the items detailed below are required. Use the Blog:Maintenance to log maintenance activities.
Report all findings, issues, questions, and concerns to the makerspace Board of Directors
|Trash||Weekly||Dumpster is located outside the back of Unit 1. Please do not leave any food trash inside the office. Take it directly to the dumpster|
|Front Door||Weekly||Confirm door/lock are in good condition. |
|HVAC||Twice per year||There are 3 HVAC zones in the space|
see details below
|Bathroom||Monthly||Check for Leaks|
Clean sink & toilet
Replenish toilet paper & towels
|Back Doors||Weekly||Confirm no items blocking the fire exit|
**Confirm no items blocking the fire exit
Make sure the back door fire exit is not blocked
|Roll Up Doors||Weekly||Confirm roll up chain is not binding|
|Back Shops||Weekly||Vacuum & Sweep sawdust and debris||Confirm dust collectors are not full|
There are 2 HVAC zones in the space:
- Thermostat Controls both Heating & Cooling to the office space
- The unit is located above the bathroom.
- Thermostat Controls both Heating & Cooling to the classroom only. The unit is located above the bathroom.
- Unit 1 furnace provides heat only only to the wood shop.
- Unit 2's furnace has been disabled.
- Unit 1
- Circuit Breakers are located in the utility closet and the wall of the woodshop
- Unit 2
- Circuit Breakers are located in the front segment of the Metal shop
Fire Code compliance
Fire Extinguishers: There are seven wall mounted fire extinguishers for the space:
- Unit 1:
- Front lobby by kitchenette
- Woodshop by office door
- Woodshop by rear door
- Unit 2:
- Front Lobby
- Metal shop by office door
- Metal shop by rear door
In addition there is a C02 fire extinguisher by the Laser Cutter in the unit 2 shop.