- 1 Welcome to The Maker Station! -- Marietta's Makerspace --
- 2 Donate to the Maker Station Inc
- 3 Neighbors Food & Supplies
Welcome to The Maker Station!
-- Marietta's Makerspace --
The Maker Station Inc is home to a vibrant community of local makers in Cobb County and the greater Atlanta metro area. Here curious and like-minded folks come together to work on projects, discover new areas of interest, develop a new business idea, or simply grow their personal hobbies. The makerspace is a 100% volunteer driven 501c3 non-profit corporation. We are a valuable resource for Smyrna, Marietta, Kennesaw, Acworth, and surrounding metro areas. We started our journey in 2014 to build a makerspace close to home and welcome all interested community members to help grow and shape this makerspace / hackerspace into a thriving, collaborative environment.
How to Join
Joining is easy! Just follow these steps and you will be on your way in no time.
- Visit the join page to select the type of membership that applies to you
- Click through and complete your transaction to set up recurring billing.
- Join the Meetup group to keep track of our events
- Join the Slack messenger group by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and asking for Slack access.
- Read through the information on our Policies and Procedures page
- Go Make something!
|CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS AND TO JOIN!|
GIFT Membership Options
|CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS AND TO JOIN!|
Address / Location
Address: 869 Pickens Industrial Drive North East, Suite# 1, Marietta, GA
We are located in the Pickens Industrial Business Park off of Allgood Road in Marietta, a few minutes away from the Allgood Rd and Cobb Pkwy intersection.
Parking: Plenty of parking right out front!
Look for the Dalek on the window next to the door.
Hours of Operation
The Maker Station is not open to the public but we do host Public Events.
Open House events are once a month, but the day and time varies, please see our Meetup calendar.
Other events are generally open to the public and guests at the discretion of the event organizer.
See the http://www.meetup.com/Cobb-County-Makers-Meetup/events/calendar for all event details.
Member Hours: 8am to 10pm daily, limited to dues-paying members.
Extended hours are available upon consultation with the Board of Directors.
Our official calendar of events is found on meetup.com. Please check regularly for new events!
Members may schedule events on a first-come, first-serve basis. To schedule an event, please contact the Board of Directors.
How to Contact Us
- Email : email@example.com
- Like our Facebook Page
- Join our conversation at Facebook Group
- See Our Events on Meetup.com
- Check out our pics on Instagram
Subscribe to our Help us make a podcast!
Donate to the Maker Station Inc
The Maker Station Inc is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. Your donation helps us make a local makerspace here in Cobb County and cover operating expenses: rent, utilities, and upkeep.
One time financial donations can be made through our secure 3rd party payment processor, gumroad.com. The input form shows a $20+ suggested value, but you are free to type in any amount of $5 or greater.
Recurring monthly financial donations can also be made through our secure 3rd party payment processor, gumroad.com. The input form shows a $20+ suggested value, but you are free to type in any amount of $5 or greater.
Donate Materials & Supplies
Due to limited space at the Maker Station, materials and equipment donations must be approved by the Board of Directors. We ask that only equipment in good working order be donated. We are not a repair shop nor a recycling facility, and generally unable to salvage material "just in case it may be useful", etc.
Contact the board (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to make donations.
The following ARE NOT ACCEPTED at any time:
- CRT Monitors and Televisions
- Hazardous Material, paints, solvents, etc
- Broken or discarded appliances and electronics
- Basically anything that costs money to dispose of properly
Neighbors Food & Supplies
Below is a short list of the closest brick and mortar restaurants and stores
Restaurants & Food
- Tienda Conchita - Green Taco House
- Food Basket Gas Station
- El Nopal Restaurant
- The Crooked Tree Restaurant
- CVS Pharmacy
- Quik Trip
Materials & Supplies
- Auto Parts Store
- Home Depot
- Rockler Woodworking
- Ace Hardware
- Grainger Industrial Supply
Maker Friends & Makerspaces
A non-exhaustive list of our local and regional maker friends and makerspaces
- Freeside Atlanta wiki.freesideatlanta.org
- Geekspace Gwinnett - Lawerenceville www.geekspacegwinnett.org
- Decatur Makers - Decatur decaturmakers.org
- Counterpoint Hackerspace - Roswell gone but not forgotten
- Berry College - Mt Berry www.hackberrylab.com
- Hatch Athens - Athens www.hatchathens.com
- The Clubhouse - Augusta theclubhou.se
- Maven Makers - Savannah www.mavenmakers.com
- The STEAM Generation steamgeneration.org
- Southeast Makers Alliance - Atlanta southeastmakersalliance.org
- Mass Collective - Atlanta masscollective.org
- Columbus Makes it - Columbus Ga - www.columbusmakesit.com
- Red Mountain Makers - Birmingham http://www.redmountainmakers.org
- Mobile Makerspace - Mobile http://makerspacemobile.org
- Makers Local 256 - Hunstville 256.makerslocal.org
- LVL1 Hackerspace - Louisville http://www.lvl1.org
- Knox Makers - Knoxville http://knoxmakers.org
- Make Nashville http://makenashville.org
- Chatt*lab - Chattanooga http://www.chattlab.org