- Owner/Loaner: The Maker Station (Donated by: the good people at BuildYourCNC.com)
- Serial Number: Prototype
- Make/Model: Blacktooth Laser Cutter Engraver
- Arrival Date: When mid 2015
- Usability: Restricted Usage/Training Required
- Contact: #laser-cutter channel on Slack
- Where: Back shop near the roll up door
General Description space...
- It is a 40 watt laser
- x approx 600 mm
- y approx 300 mm
- Restricted Access TRAINING REQUIRED
- Contact knowledgeable makerspace members using the #laser-cutter channel on Slack for training and access to the lasercutter
- Treat equipment as if it were your own and put away as or better than you found it
- Allow time for cleaning up after work is complete
- DO NOT cut material containing chlorine atoms or molecules
- How to test unknown plastics to see if they contain chlorine: https://vimeo.com/1615418
=== Use Lightburn to desgin and control the laser
- Keep loose hair and sleeves away from all moving parts.
- Beware of hot parts.
- Beware of dust, fumes, choking hazards.
- Never leave machine unattended
- Do not stare at the laser, it is very bright and can damage your vision
- Do not operate the laser with the lid open
- Do not look through any cutouts or openings at the firing laser. It can damage your vision.
- Make sure the exhaust is vented as appropriate for the materials you are cutting.
- If you are cutting plastics, make sure you understand what exhaust gases will be produced. Some are toxic!!
- Never leave the laser cutter operating unattended for any reason! EVER! This poses a very real fire hazard and should be monitored at all times.