Difference between revisions of "20191027 BOD Notes"

From The Maker Station Wiki!
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "==Attendees:== '''BOD''': Tanju B, Alex B '''Members''': Bret S, Chris K ==Notes:== Agenda * Financial Update - Recent Expenses, checking account balance, future expenses...")
(No difference)

Revision as of 13:23, 27 October 2019

Attendees:

BOD: Tanju B, Alex B

Members: Bret S, Chris K

Notes:

Agenda

  • Financial Update - Recent Expenses, checking account balance, future expenses
    • Current Balance ~= 3649 (7756 balance - 4107 rent checks pending)
    • I need help with the bookkeeping/accounting - took over the books from Chris K who was using google spreadsheets
    • Need to ask the general memberbase if anyone can help
    • Bret describing that in Texa there was a group called TALA (Texas Accountants and Lawyers for the Arts), need to check if similar here in GA. Bret to reach out to ask them if they have contacts in GA



  • Membership Udate - Number of Members
  • Member Proposal from Bret Stephens for a "Sensors Project" to add more sensor to Station for things like door status, tool locations, etc
  • Draft firearms policy review



Discussed

Board of Directors status update

  • General thanks to everyone engaged with all the activity like the coffee bot, installing the dust control, and other activites

Financial Update

    • Current Balance ~= 3649 (7756 balance - 4107 rent checks pending)
    • I need help with the bookkeeping/accounting - took over the books from Chris K who was using google spreadsheets
    • Need to ask the general memberbase if anyone can help
    • Bret describing that in Texa there was a group called TALA (Texas Accountants and Lawyers for the Arts), need to check if similar here in GA. Bret to reach out to ask them if they have contacts in GA


Membership & Maintenance update

  • We're back up to 62

Membership Summary Active July 2019.JPG

By year end, we need to start talking about expanding and next steps, the current lease is 3 years and expires in Dec 2020. Ideally we could expand directly into the space next door, will need to explore options with Puff Cuff and Shaheen Co.

  • Member Proposal from Bret Stephens for a "Sensors Project" to add more sensor to Station for things like door status, tool locations, etc.
    • Just wants to be able to hardline connect to the Station's network. Alex has the network over sight and will work with Bret to get him going.


  • Draft firearms policy review


Upcoming Events:

  • None