Difference between revisions of "20190711 BOD Notes"
(Created page with "==Attendees:== '''BOD''': Joshua M., Tanju B '''Members''': Alex B., Mike R, ==Notes:== ---- === Discussed === '''Board of Directors status update''' * Both Jay and Ch...")
Revision as of 20:21, 11 July 2019
BOD: Joshua M., Tanju B
Members: Alex B., Mike R,
Board of Directors status update
- Both Jay and Christine have resigned this year leaving a gap on the Board and Officers
- Need to define and separate Board Governance vs Operational Leadership like an Exec Director, Operations/Maintenance, Equipment Champions i.e. Lasercutter, woodworking, 3D printers
- Lively discussion about defining Board member responsibilities in writing. Joshua voiced concern that we have always struggled to get Board members. Alex indicated has expressed interested in being a Board member for a while now, but Board meetings stopped happening. All agree on the need to define roles and need to change/improve on previous practices
- Need to finalize organizational Bylaws. Tanju confirmed that Bylaws have never been defined/put in place... until then rules and governance default on to the Articles Of Incorporation
- Business insurance requirements per the lease
Monthly electric power bill update
- HVAC Cost have trended down since installing lockbox over the thermostat. The most recent bill for June was $355
- The cost is down 38% compared to June 2018.
- June 2019 = $355 vs June 2018 = $569
Financial update, income vs expenses, bank checking account status
- Tanju got bank and records handoff from Christine on May 9
- Tanju updated the Finance spreadsheet for May after handoff from Christine, but June is still pending
- Tanju has paid all of June's bills, and July's. Everything is on bank Auto-Pay except for the Electric Bill. Waiting on new checking account debit card to be issued to Tanju to setup autopay for Electric
- Tanju wants to push for hiring a bookkeeper/accountant rather than rely on a volunteer for bookkeeping
- Current status of checking account is ~$2000 after bills paid. Monthly operating expenses are ~$3200
- Approx $500 in cash YTD pulled from the 3D printer dropbox and deposited into account. People are paying on the honor system is working. Alex has been donating printer filament.
Membership & Maintenance update
- We're back up to 58 members which is great, but we're still below the December high of 61.
- New member on-boarding procedure and member retention
- Makerspace maintenance, storage, clean-up
- MiniCon at Sewell Mill Library Saturday 7/20
- Maker-Artist Market at Freeside Friday 7/26
- DragonCon in Atlanta Labor Day Weekend 8/30-9/2
- Maker Faire Atlanta at GSU Stadium (Turner Field) weekend 9/28-9/29